- Feb. 2015 to Now Content producer on contractor basis for Penton Media.
- Oct. 2007 to Jan. 2015 Senior Editor for Penton magazines and web sites, including Government Product News & American City & County. Write & deploy E-newsletters, manage web content, social media and six free-lancers; produced huge traffic growth. Skilled in InDesign, Photoshop, Excel. Promoted from Online Content Editor. Also wrote for ThomasNet to boost GPN brand, and provide government market data to advertisers, prospects, & free-lance clients.
- March 2002-Sept. 2007. Senior Research Editor-Research Manager for Penton magazines. Led development of award-winning Health Care Cost Quotient state ranking; wrote articles on economic development, site location & the government market.
- Dec. 2000-March 2002. Business Development Associate, www.Ninesigma.com, an R&D site. Generated publicity in 40+ news outlets. Located sci-tech-engineering content that produced sizable gains in viewership. Promoted from Content Information Specialist.
- 1990-2000. Research Manager-Senior Research Analyst, Penton Media. Answered business-technical reference questions from 350 engineering editors & sales executives. Completed primary/secondary research projects under budget. Skilled Nexis & Dialog searcher. Generated $ from software directories/forecast.
- Assistant Editor, Penton’s Government Group magazines.
- Assignment Desk-Tape Cataloger, WKYC-TV. Developed computer- archiving, field-producing, taxonomy-building, script-writing and database-searching skills in this part-time job.
- 1993-2001 Reporter/Correspondent (part time). Covered city council and school board meetings for the Cleveland Plain Dealer and Westlaker Times.
Master's degree in library science (MLS), Kent State University, 3.74 GPA; business reference major. BA in communications, Cleveland State Univ.
Twenty-two national, regional, and state journalism and library awards since 2000; won 2007 APEX, Ohio SPJ, and Kansas City Press Club awards and a 2010 APEX award.
My articles on business, web, and database topics have appeared in USA Today, Industry Week, Costco Connection, E-Content, and 130 other publications & web sites. My Introduction to the Government Market volume has been published in 4 editions; per-copy sales price: $20. More than 8,000 copies sold.